the first FIVE years

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Zoo

NO! I am not talking about the place we call home, or any place we seem to frequent. We went to the actual Zoo. Luckily we did not pick up any more animals than we already had on our way out and we certainly checked for stow-aways. We did not see any donkeys so we weren't quite so worried that someone was going to take my place. It was great to be able to go with our friends. They are probably beginning to wonder whether they might be our ONLY friends. They are not our ONLY friends, but lets just say I don't like to make the kids count higher than a preschool level. I always say it is the quality, not the quantity that counts and so really we have all the friends in the world. T most liked the Giraffes and Zebras and A liked the Turtles the best. She explained to me that at age five she will be getting one. I hope that her Mom knows that they are going to be having another mouth to feed in 6 months or so. Anyway here are a few pictures from the fun day out today.
I found it especially ironic and funny that T was eating a turkey sandwich while looking at the turkeys. Nothing like rubbing it in I guess. I can just imagine him yelling "who's the dominant species now, huh?"

All the kids at the end of the day. What a great time we all had.


T and A sitting on some Tigers. T is having a nice rest and A apparently is looking a little too closely at me because she appears to have to force herself to smile.


Nothing like a dead elephant's head the size of both of your kids put together.
  • Treven was telling me that he wanted to watch Pocahontas. While his movie choices are vast he normally would not choose that one. When I asked him why, he said that he just wanted to see Pocahontas and Joseph Smith. See how Gospel minded my kids are. Even when thinking of a movie he thinks of past prophets. We just clarified that it was not so much Joseph Smith, but John Smith. I love the funny things kids say.

Who is Visiting?