the first FIVE years

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Pre-Memorial Day

Every year my parents and my siblings that live here get together on the day before Memorial Day. We meet as quickly as we are all able after church and head up to Cache Valley. We place flowers on the graves of my Grandparents as well as my Great Grandparents. Usually we go to American Fork and Pleasant Grove the previous Saturday. My Dad's parents are buried in American Fork, and my Mom's paternal grandparents are buried in the Pleasant Grove cemetery. Today, we went to Providence to visit my Mom's maternal Grandparents. We then continued on to Logan to visit my Dad's paternal Grandparents. Last we went to Richmond to visit my Dad's maternal Grandparents. My maternal Grandmother at the ripe age of 95 is still alive and sharp as a tack. My maternal Grandfather passed away about 10 years ago. He is buried in Colorado, however, and we did not think we could do that all in one day. After we went to the Richmond cemetery we all had a picnic with my siblings, parents, and their kids. It was a lot of fun and I think it is important for all of us to at least know SOME history of where we come from. It was neat to explain to the kids the significance of these people and why we were placing flowers on their graves. I also took advantage of the opportunity to snap their photos next to the graves. As we were driving home tonight there was a terrible accident on the freeway. We sat on the freeway for well over an hour while they brought in a Helicopter to take the victims of the crash to the hospital. Because of the job I have and how much I am on the road, this is about the 6th time I have seen the freeway shut down for a medical helicopter to land.
A standing next to the grave of her Great, Great Grandparents

T standing next to his Great, Great Grandparents grave as well


While I am no amazing photographer, I just noticed how beautiful the sky looked while we were sitting on the freeway, so I took out the camera and snapped a couple of pictures.

Who is Visiting?