the first FIVE years

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weeds, Wagons, and Waddlers

We love our yellow truck. We drive it about once a week to run errands. We also
think it is cool to help people when they need something big hauled. It makes us feel important. The two previous weekends we were able to help our friends haul stuff to the dump and get their house all ready to sell. It was a lot of fun for all of us. The kids decided to climb in the back while I was mowing the lawn today.
We can't wait to take out the boat. Here comes summer! Well,.......maybe. T thinks I should just go ahead and take the cover off the boat, hitch it to the truck and go. There are only two problems with that. The water temperature is probably around 38 degrees and the truck would tow the boat about 17 MPH up Parley's Canyon with a tail wind.
T loves to pull the wagon. A is more than happy to take her place in her royal Princess chariot.

A thinks it is great to wish upon dandelions. From what she has told me the technique is that you stand on them, blow, then wish and the wish will come true. Hasn't worked for me so far, but maybe my feet are so big I need a bigger patch of them. Let me know if any of you are more successful.

1 in 5 ducks say the unmowed grass and the yellow truck create some sort of rest and relaxtion day spa. These ducks hung out here for about a day and a half.

Well, aside from all the good stuff, I think I survived finals. I have not seen my picture in the obituaries, so I think I am still alive, but I will check again tonight. We have been having lots of fun outside. The kids are more than happy to tell me all the things I do not understand. Sadly, they are probably right in most cases. We went out to breakfast this morning and some Firefighters were there. They gave the kids stickers and they even let them get in the Fire Truck. The most exciting thing for the kids was the steering wheel and the fact that when you open the door the steps fold out, and when you close the door they magically fold back closed. I have to admit it was impressive to me, but I am easily entertained. They must have a competition going amongst themselves lately. Everytime we go to a store they both see how many things they can ask me to buy them. It is absolutely fantastic!!!! Maybe the real game is to hear how many times they can hear me say "not today," "we don't have money for that today," or "maybe one day." I would imagine the phrases with the most letters are worth the most points. So if each letter is worth one point the ending score today at Target would proably be 248,956,492,003 points scored by A and 248,956,492,002 points scored by Treven. It is closely matched, but any given trip to the store could sway the point total by a billion points or so if one of them is off their game. Anyway, that is all that is going on lately...







Who is Visiting?