the first FIVE years

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

I have never before participated in the whole Black Friday thing. A little while ago my laptop seriously melted down (I will never buy a computer with an AMD processor as long as I live). I have been borrowing an old laptop from my parents to get by, but since it is going on seven years, it is having issues as well. I went to all the websites for the sneak peaks at their leaked Black Friday advertisements. I went between three stores in the last week, down to two in the last day, and then finally found what I think was the very best deal. The doors were to open at Office Depot at 6AM, but tickets for items (so as to avoid people being trampled, etc.) could be handed out as early as 5AM. Ashley wanted to come with me to participate in the big event. I was more then happy to have her come along. We left the house at 3:50 and got to Office Depot just before 4AM. We were the 13th people in line. There were only 10 of the particular laptop guaranteed per store. I started asking what everyone was getting. People were really hesitant to tell me, as if I was going to start shooting people who wanted the same thing. Finally people started sharing and I knew I was safe. So we braved the VERY cold morning. Office Depot employees arrived at work, handed out the tickets in an orderly way, and took care of every customer need (not want). By the time the doors actually opened, there were easily 100 people gathered outside. I am now the proud owner of an amazing laptop found at an amazing deal. My only hope is that it lasts for many many years to come. We also made trips to Gymboree and Old Navy afterwards and found some pretty good deals there as well.

Even at 4 in the morning with no sleep to speak of, she is as beautiful as ever.

Who is Visiting?