the first FIVE years

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Across the Street, Around the Globe

DHL: "Across the Street, Around the Globe"

So sure, that is the company marketing slogan, but is it true? On a random day, on a random street (the off-ramp of my work that I literally think I may have traveled on one million times), I put the claim to the test. I noticed the off-ramp especially congested. It seemed the off-ramp had backed up the freeway for over a mile. When I finally got to the bottom of the ramp, I saw the above to be the culprit. Yep, that's right. This truck ain't moving "across the street," therefore, I would imagine it would have a hard time going, "around the globe." They had better retire this barnacle to the bottom of the sea if they want that slogan to stick. I don't claim to be an advertising executive, but I am a thinker.

Who is Visiting?