the first FIVE years

Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Train Station

Last night we went to the Dairy Keen restaurant in Heber. Our family just calls it the Train Station because it is a completely train themed dining experience. For anyone who has not been there, they have train toys to play with while the food is being prepared, an electric train that goes all over the ceiling, and outside, they even have train tables. We all love eating there. It was fun to just leave the valley for a little bit and take a drive as well. It was great eating at a place we love, taking a drive, and for all of us to just be together. We sang some songs and had a really fun time. We then decided to drive around on a little bit longer drive and then headed home to bed. With gas prices being as high as they are, it is not often that we take a drive anymore. It was nice to just go for a drive once again last night. If you are ever in Heber and want some good food, I highly recommend the "Train Burger," or anything else on their menu. It is worth the stop.
  • When we were in the car, T said that he "did not like Princesses." A then asked him if he liked Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Jasmine, Cinderella, etc. To each question he answered "yes." He then said, "I guess I really just don't like Barbies, but I DO like princesses." At first I was laughing, but then I thought how smart he really is for a 4 year old! I realized that I like the "Princesses" of the world, but not the "Barbies" of the world as well. Typically the girls who are like Barbie are flaunting all that they have and usually being immodest. I do not like Barbie's constant drive to acquire as many worldly possessions as possible, or to strive to be on everyone's "A-list". With Barbie everything seems to be about her. She seems very stuck on herself and what is in it for her. To contrast that, most Princesses are beautiful, kind, sweet, modest and generally amazing. They are worried about others and are somewhat minimalist when it comes to acquiring the worldly things. Obviously this analogy can apply to Ken (hopefully not at all like Kent) being compared to the Princes of the world as well. Anyway, what started out as a funny comment, really got me thinking about the kind of person I would like to be with. So, it is clear that I need to always do my best to be a Prince if I am ever going to be with a sweet Princess! And some of you STILL thought I didn't have ADD. I no longer think a doctor diagnosing me is necessary!

Who is Visiting?