the first FIVE years

Monday, October 13, 2008

My Two Little Comedians

Today the kids and I planned to do some pretty fun stuff. We ended up doing nothing but cleaning. Depending on who you ask, maybe that could be fun, right? In the end it is just fun to spend time with them. I miss them when they are gone, and love playing with them while they are here. Their definition of fun just might be a little different.

  • I took the kids to their Mom's house in the afternoon today. T actually fell asleep in the car. A asked me for a tissue, and I handed her one. She said, "thank you." I looked in the rear view mirror to see her wiping T's face as she explained, "T is just drooling all over the place, and it is SOOOO disgusting. I just need to help him out a little." It was sort of really sweet and really funny at the same time.
  • A had some crackers and T wanted some. She asked him for the password. T said, "I don't know what it is." A responded "T, the password is mayyoumaycracker."
  • T thought that password was so funny, he started calling me that. I laughingly told him that wasn't my name. He then said, "oh, sorry your highness." I laughed and said, "your highness?" He said, "oh, sorry your majesty!"
  • T and A were saying something funny to me, so I quoted the old gangster line (with voice and everything) of "You talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?" T instantly responded with "THEY CALL ME MR. PIG!" from the Lion King. Man it stinks to have kids that are smarter than you. Here I thought I would just use this line and make them laugh. He goes and turns my line into garbage within seconds by quoting Pumba the wart hog.

Who is Visiting?