Today we went to the store to (amongst other things) get the kids some new pajamas. They really wanted me to take a picture of each of them. They always can find some reason that I need to take a picture of them. Really, with digital cameras, why shouldn't they? I have just been lucky enough to catch them and supervise when they feel like they need to use the camera. Their pajamas came in sets of two, so expect me to possibly post more pictures tomorrow night!
Here is A in her new "I Love Hugs" and "Kisses" pajamas.
- T has been talking in the third person all of a sudden lately (i.e. T wants a waffle for breakfast). I have been trying to correct him so that he does not sound like Karl Malone or Bob Dole. Today I told him that if he is talking that he just needs to say, "I would like a waffle, not T would like a waffle." He responded by telling me in a matter of fact way, that, "T does not want to talk that way, he wants to call himself T."
- A & T made a huge mess of their toys this morning in the family room. I told them they had to clean it all up this time by themselves. A started, but got distracted by T's lack of enthusiasm, and him teasing her at the moment. She would say, "Okay, I am going to tell Dad then if you won't help" and start to march to where I was (I could hear their conversations the whole time). Just as she was about to see me, T would say, "Okay, okay I will help." This went on many, many times. Finally, A said, "if you don't help for real this time, I will just have to take care of you myself. I am tired of having to go look for Daddy every second."
- T & A's Mom must have recently taken them to the Living Planet Aquarium. They have been talking about it here and there. T kept referring to a "toedis." I was trying to figure out what he was trying to say. I said, "do you mean tortoise?" He said, "no, a toedis." I began to think that there was some species that I had never heard of. They finally told me it was like a frog, but different, so I said, "you mean a toad?" They both said yes. Later, the kids were being silly, but still really nice to each other. Just before giving each other a hug, T said, "awe come here you little toedis" to A.
- We were driving in the car tonight and T kept saying how he is going to drive a Corvette when he grows up. That is what I tell people all the time too! A said that she was going to drive one of those cute little LadyBugs. It is going to be pink with a purple butterfly painted on the side. I knew that she meant a VW Bug, but it was too cute to correct her. Really, not to offend anyone, but it should be called a Lady Bug anyway. Barring extenuating circumstances, any guy caught driving one of those around is probably not attracted to ladies if you know what I am saying.
- Today while we were at the store, we looked at some books. T showed me this Lightning McQueen set that had four little books in a case. I told him that was neat. He said, we have books like this, but they are just poo books. I was sort of taken aback and laughingly said, "what? We don't have poo books at our house." He attempted to explain, and I tried to figure it out in my head. It took me a moment, but I realized that we have some Winnie the POOH books like that in a little set. That is what I get for assuming the worst. I mean next time my kids speak of something that I think belongs in the bathroom, I will definitely think of anything else it could possibly be (okay, probably not).


