Our project this week at Lowe's was a Frankenstein trick. If you pull a string on one side of the Frankenstein it is red. Pull it through the other side and it miraculously turns green. We always have a ton of fun with these projects, and this one was no exception.
McQueen definitely went to the more scary side in decorating his Frankenstein trick
Tinkerbell stuck with the more sweet, funny side of FrankensteinWHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE
Last weekend the kids once again filled up their "good deed jar." I stole this idea from some friends. It is a jar in which the kids get to put beans, when they do a good deed. Once the jar is full, we do a fun activity. Saturday afternoon, we went to the movie "Where the Wild Things Are." After reading the book numerous times, we thought it would be a great show for the kids. While the kids enjoyed it, and it was a cute movie, it was NOT a kids movie. I guess some critics have said the same thing, but I don't normally read what the critics have to say. The movie was okay (I don't even think it was great), but it was way too deep. There were so many meanings and interpretations to process in what was going on. We were looking for more of a fun, light-hearted movie for the kids. For the most part, this was definitely not it. So, my review: I only rate the movie as okay for anyone; I rate it terrible for 5 year old twins (even if they did enjoy it).
TCU vs. BYU
After the movie, we went back to Ashley's and had a whole bunch of food and watched the BYU/TCU games. Despite seeing numerous monsters from Frankenstein, to the Wild Things, I found TCU to be the biggest monsters of all! I wasn't thinking we were going to win going in to it, but I thought we would have at least shown up for the game! It was a terrible loss and I was disappointed. I thought there was some bad calls by the officials, but we mostly just were outplayed and out coached that day. A terrible loss, but hopefully the last one of the season. I still stand behind the Cougars though as any true fan does. I find more and more that Ute fans are unlike BYU fans in this way: Overall, BYU fans are happy for the Utes as long as they are not playing each other. They find that the Utes winning only helps the conference and it is a good thing. On the other hand, Ute fans typically HATE BYU and want them to die! To the Ute fans rubbing their win in the faces of the BYU fans loss, I say this: Utah didn't deserve a win anymore then BYU did. They lost the game on pretty much every level, except for score. So, congratulations glory hounds, you guys just had the crappiest win of the season! :)



