the first FIVE years

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Got Milk?

Last night I was sent to the Tooele area to pick up a piece of equipment. More specifically, I was picking up a breast pump machine. This little girl (I would guess to be 7 or so) answered the door. Having previously spoken to the Mother over the phone to confirm, I asked if her parents were home. As she got her Mom, she expressed her concern about me being a doctor and giving her a shot. Come to find out, it was the fact that I was wearing rubber gloves (something we always do, so as to not spread sickness/infection when picking up equipment) that caused her worry. The Mother came down with the case containing the breast pump for me to pick up. The little girl started to protest to her Mother and me. She said, "you can't pick that up, my brother still needs milk!" The Mother tried to explain that they were all done with it. The next thing this girl did about shocked me in to laughter, although I was still able to keep it under control. The little girl reached up and squeezed her Mom's chest several times and said, "you still have milk in there and he needs to eat!!!!......why don't you want to feed him?!!!" The Mother explained that they only needed it because the baby was in the NICU for a few weeks and now that he is home, she would no longer need it. The girl then said, "oohhhhhhhh. okay, I guess you can take it doctor man." Just as I thanked them and was about to leave, the little girl shouted out, "my name is Ingrid and my baby brother's name is Eric." I thanked her again, and drove away, laughing all the way to Salt Lake.

Who is Visiting?