the first FIVE years

Friday, October 16, 2009

Dancing Ghouls, Ghosts, and Witches

Tonight we went to Wheeler Farm. Ashley found out about this show that is going on every Friday night through October. It is a bunch of High School, or maybe even Junior High kids, dressed like scary Halloween figures. They dance to music, try to scare kids in the crowd and generally make it a fun night for kids and families as they perform. It is a short performance, and then afterwards there are refreshments. They also had hay rides (that we took full advantage of) with Halloween lights all throughout the farm. We then spent a little bit of time exploring the little areas of the farm. We went back home just in time to watch the last part of "Monsters and Aliens" (which may now be on my top 10 list of great kid movies-it is hilarious). My brother had brought his kids over for dinner and a movie because one of their older siblings was at home having a birthday party. We finished up the movie and then rushed the kids off to bed.
  • As we were leaving the barn we were walking past a lot of the performers who had tried to scare us. When one walked right past McQueen, he couldn't resist. He jumped in front of their path and yelled out "BOO!!!" followed by him laughing his sinister little laugh.
  • McQueen and Tinkerbell were having a snack at the kitchen table. They were talking and Tinkerbell chose apples for her snack. As I listened to them talk, McQueen all of the sudden said, "Tinkerbell, there really are poisonous apples for real, they are not just pretend like in Snow White."
  • I love to quietly listen to the kids when they talk to each other as we drive. When we were running an errand, the conversation went something like this: McQueen: "Tinkerbell Jesus has a rocking chair in his house where he lives in heaven." Tinkerbell: "How do you even know that, are you sure?" McQueen: "Yes, I promise, Dad will even tell you....Hey Dad, is there rocking chairs in Jesus' house?" Me: "Yeah, buddy, I would imagine that there probably is." McQueen: "See, I told you Tinkerbell, and Santa has a rocking chair in his workshop too." Tinkerbell: "okay, I just didn't know all of that."
  • McQueen said something really funny the other day. We told him that he is so funny. He responded with, "I know." I said, "how do you know that?" He happily, but seriously replied, "because I have clowns living in my head."

Who is Visiting?