Every guy has dreams about the day some girl will propose to him. It is something that is ingrained in us I guess. I have thought of this day my whole life. I have thought of her down on one knee looking up at me with tears in her eyes. I think of the field of lilies we are standing in. I am even wearing my very best blue jeans. I think of her being willing to kneel in the dirt to set the right stage. I then hear her tell me all the reasons why she loves me and wants to marry me. I am so excited by this point that I am about to wet my pants. I cannot hear all that she is saying because sheer excitement has overwhelmed me beyond all control. I feel like the two of us are wrapped up in a cloud, and then finally she produces an enormous ring to fit around my fat fingers as she says, "Kent, will you marry me?" I tearfully reply, "yes, oh, yes, a million times yes!" We then hug, and share a tender kiss. That moment then quickly is a faded memory. Now I must fulfill all the dreams I have had about my wedding day, so I leave her standing in that beautiful field in search of a wedding planner to fulfill all my worldly wants and dreams!
Things don't always happen exactly as we envision them, but they can be equally special and beautiful. This is what happened today diary. I was talking with a group of people at work. I apparently said something that caused a few people to laugh (lol, I am SOOOOOOOOO funny sometimes). A laughing co-worker then said, "Kent, if you are ever stupid enough to think that getting married again is a good idea, I want to be your wife." Diary, you and I know that some people may think that wasn't an actual proposal. I know that it really was though. I asked the person, "did you just propose to me?" They confirmed what I knew with a laugh, and said, "yes, I think I did."
So let's compare:
- Certainly the field of lilies would be cool and all, but let's not underestimate the grey warehouse of a reputable and respectable business. Who can match that?
- So, she wasn't on one knee, but it is not like she is 6'4". She still was looking up at me, so, same thing.
- I was not wearing my BEST jeans, but there were no holes in them. Close enough.
- I was not really really excited, or ready to wet my pants, but I was certainly surprised. In fact, I was so surprised I almost did more than just wet my pants. So, it was even better.
- I didn't feel like the two of us were in a white cloud, but I did feel like I was in a dizzying fog. All that matters is they're both fluffy and you can't see anything else.
- I was not overwhelmed to where I couldn't hear all she said. I clearly heard every word and was even disturbingly lost in thought. But, clarity is important in situations anyway.
- While she may not have told me all the reasons she loves me, she did make a reference to me being stupid. That could be bad, but I think it is more important for her to be honest than to make me feel good. Integrity is important, especially in times like these!
- She didn't produce an enormous ring to fit my fat fingers, but there was plenty of extra cardboard for us to make some out of.
- I didn't really say "yes, yes, a million times yes,".............but, I did leave her standing there without an answer. No, not to plan a perfect wedding, but to continue on with my day at work.
I think after looking at these things, anyone could see it was perfect. Sure, it was not EXACTLY what I envisioned, but it was about as close as anyone could possibly get. Diary, I am sure some would consider this a really lame proposal, but you and I know they are just jealous!!!!


