- When we were visiting at our friend's house and playing with their dog, McQueen somewhat mimicked one of the dog's tricks. Tinkerbell said, "Oh it looks like McQueen can do dog tricks too!"
- Often I will ask the kids, "Do you know how much your Daddy (or Dadd-o) loves you?" When I said that to Tinkerbell this weekend she responded, "yes, do you know how much your Tinkerbello (only with her real name) loves you?"
- When McQueen was doing his conference packet, he asked me for a different colored pencil. I said, "okay, do you want a green one?" He said yes. I then handed him a light green colored pencil. When he looked at it he said, "Oh good, I love 'booger' green." I said, "what did you just say?" He innocently replied, "I love booger green."
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Conference Weekend
This weekend I just parked my kids in front of the TV! I know that this is not typically known as "good parenting," but I feel no remorse. Obviously we spent a lot of time watching conference. The kids were really good to at least sit and watch all of President Monson's talk. Although McQueen actually did fairly well at watching it, every once in a while he felt the need to complain about how "boring" it was. The kids did a great job coloring in some conference packets we had. They colored the ties of all of the Apostles. Tinkerbell loved coloring all of the pictures throughout. McQueen really loved this word decoder game where you figure out the last names of each Apostle. It was really cute to see because, while he is very smart, he usually does not take must interest in coloring type activities. Saturday night when I went to a session of conference, a lot of the cousins all got together at Grandma and Grandpa's, and had an unexpected Wii party. They challenged each other to games for a couple of hours and had a great time. Part of the Sunday afternoon session, we went for a drive and listened in the car. We drove up American Fork canyon as far as we could go (since all of the snow is not quite melted). Since we were driving around, I took some things to some relatives for my parents. By that time conference had ended and we wound up visiting with two families in my extended family for quite a while. We had a lot of fun talking, laughing, and catching up, and the kids had a lot of fun playing with new friends. We also went to a friend's house and hung out, and we laughed and talked while the kids played with their dog. The dog was doing all kinds of tricks and the kids were absolutely loving it. Needless to say, by the time four fun-filled hours had passed, bedtime was not a problem. It was a fun, though not super active weekend. We enjoyed and learned a lot from the messages this conference and we loved spending time with family and friends.


