the first FIVE years

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Activities

NEW EASTER CLOTHES
Yesterday, McQueen and Tinkerbell got some new Easter clothes. It was fun to pick them out and the kids look great in them. As we were going to pay for them, McQueen was looking (with his hands) at a mannequin of a little girl. It was up on a pedestal and he knocked it off. It tipped over and the arm came flying off, followed by the aforementioned arm shattering. Although I was somewhat mortified by the whole experience, as I offered to pay for it, I thought it really was pretty funny. Sure, lots of kids have maybe tipped over mannequins, but how many arms have shattered? I guess they just don't build them like they used to, huh? McQueen felt so bad about breaking the girl's arm that he started to cry right after it happened. I knew he felt really bad. As I consoled and hugged him, I explained that this is why I tell them not to touch things sometimes (especially since this particular girl was born without a head AND seemed to have a terrible case of osteoporosis).





COLORING EGGS
Last night we colored eggs. We had a lot of fun, but the kids seemed to like shrink wrapping the eggs the best. They even made slurping sounds, as if they were an integral part of sucking out all the air, as the process was taking place. It was a lot of fun, even if the color only disappeared from our hands in the afternoon today.



EASTER EGG HUNT
This morning we went to an Easter egg hunt at a park by our house. They had a ton of eggs and even areas for different age groups. The kids got plenty of eggs and had a fun time.
Hanging with the Easter Bunny
Tinkerbell was excited for the whistle to blow, and the race for the eggs to begin. By the way, if anyone is wondering (as if anyone can't tell), I ALWAYS do Tinkerbell's hair myself. I tried this new little style today. What do you think?

McQueen is running like crazy to dump these eggs and go back for more
Here are a few of the eggs the kids got after the "hunt" was over

MOVIE
After the Easter egg hunt, the kids and I went to a movie. We saw the new Monsters vs. Aliens movie in 3D. It was actually pretty hilarious for both the kids and adults. I highly recommend it.

EASTER BASKETS

The kids are going to be with their Mom for Easter tomorrow, so the Easter bunny was so nice and brought their baskets here last night. He brought them some new swimsuits, candy, a card game (each), and these puzzles. They were so excited to put together the puzzles that they did it as soon as we got home.
I'll leave it to the imagination as to which puzzle each of them received
  • We have a whiteboard and markers for the kids to color on. Yesterday, McQueen was coloring a bunch of black squiggles on it. He asked me if they were words. I said, "they are sort of words, but most words use the actual letters you learned." He then replied, "well, they are words." I asked, "well, what do they say?" He said, "how should I know, it is written in Spanish!"
  • I asked McQueen to hurry and get his socks on while I did Tinkerbell's hair. He came into the bathroom saying he had done it. He then said "see" and started laughing, as he pulled up his pant leg for me to see MY socks which went all the way up his thigh.
  • After the kids got their picture with the Easter bunny, McQueen took a look back at him and shouted, "hey, that is not the real Easter bunny!" I said, "what do you mean?" He said, "he only has bunny fur on the tops of his feet and the bottoms are shoes, I can see his shoes, that is just some guy in a costume!" At first I said, "maybe the Easter bunny needs to wear shoes to get around so fast." He responded, "DAD! Have you ever seen a bunny? They hop to get around fast!" I didn't really know what to say, other than, "oh, well, the Easter bunny must be so busy he needed to have one of his helpers here today." He seemed to be okay with that as he said, "as long as the real Easter bunny was the one who came to our house, that is fine, I guess."
  • We were getting some popcorn at the movie theater today. As the girl was helping us, McQueen suddenly stated, "Dad, my bum itches........right in the crack!"

Who is Visiting?