CAR REPAIRSI started off this weekend Thursday night. As we were leaving the Oquirrh MountainTemple open house last Monday, my window regulator broke. It has been half broken for a year and a half because someone broke the window to break into my car. The other half finally couldn't take anymore and gave out. I got off work really late at night and went straight to work on the window. I got everything all finished and put back together at about 1:20AM on Friday morning.
Just in case anyone is wondering, this is what your car door looks like underneath it all.............as long as you have the same year, make, model, and color as my car.
BOATING....FINALLY!!!
We have not even taken the boat out until this week....for the first time this year! The weekend weather in June was much more like the weather one would expect in April. For the first part of July, I was still recovering from the surgery, so it didn't go out. I went with my brother and the young men from our ward on Wednesday night. It was a great time, but I elected not to do anything because there were so many people and not enough time for everyone.
Friday morning, I made sure I was up by 6AM to get the boat ready for a day on the lake. We had a really great time. We went boating from about 8AM until about 4PM. Afterwards, we of course went to the Dairy Keen (Train Station) in Heber City for shakes. I love water skiing, wake boarding, and getting beat up on the tube. Even with it being a holiday, the lake was not too crowded. That didn't stop people from driving like idiots and me circling back to get between someone in the water and a speeding boat a few times though.


The first run of the day, I was cutting pretty hard on the slalom ski. I WRECKED HARD! I hit a wave just right at almost 30 MPH and it sent me rolling across the water. Because my big feet don't come out of the skis as fast as another person's feet might, the ski rolled with me. That caused my ankle to twist faster and differently then the rest of my body. I was in pain, but I continued to ski and wake board multiple times afterwards. I even went on the tube for quite a while. It was a manageable pain. By the time we got to Heber, my ankle was throbbing. By the time we got from Heber back to the gas station in Salt Lake, I could barely walk and my ankle was at least three times its normal size. I was feeling the pain! The above pictures were taken four days after. I now have just mild pain and some bruising. This is the first time I have ever been hurt boating, even though my parents have had a boat since 1980. I am convinced the only reason I got hurt is because I just turned 30 this year!
THE RODEO
Each year, we go to the Days of '47 Rodeo with my Dad and Mom. My Dad is like an in-the-closet cowboy. It is really about the only thing he asks of the family the whole year long. We always have a great time and it is quite the family tradition. Above is a little monkey named Whiplash. He rides atop a dog, and together they herd sheep. It was quite the entertainment in between the buckin' broncos, barrel racing, bull ridin', etc. The one thing I have to say about the majority of people at the rodeo is, they all seem to be true patriots who love their country. They seem to have so much more respect for the flag and what it represents, then say the average crowd at a sports event. It really is great to see that from so many people.
Above, the kids are wearing their new cowboy hats. They love them.
This K-Bull 93FM, bull was standing tall as we were driving into the parking lot. Suddenly McQueen and Tinkerbell were standing there and it appears it had been tipped. I don't know how I feel about my children engaging in cow tipping. :)
BIRTHDAY
Sunday after church, we went to a little get together to celebrate our friend's birthday.
McQueen seemed to get frosting from the cake in just the right position to become "The Joker" in the next series of the new Batman movies
STAR WARS
Lately the kids, (surprisingly, even Tinkerbell too) love Star Wars. McQueen in particular, loves Star Wars. We went to play at our friend's house on Monday. They happen to have all the ORIGINAL Star Wars toys. These things are like classics. You could probably make thousands of dollars on e-bay with all of the stuff they have. Needless to say, the kids were in heaven as they played with the toys for hours.