Saturday, we mostly just played around the house. In the early evening, we went to a big family picnic in the park. We had a great time, and the kids were exhausted afterwards. The boys all started out in sleep positions in beds and sleeping bags. When I went into their room to turn off their bedside lamp, I found them all like this. It was too classic not to take a picture of them all practically laying on top of each other with all their legs entangled.
Sunday we went to their ward. I was so worried that we would be really late, especially considering there were seven kids. We actually were 15 minutes early, and all the Primary aged kids got gummy worms from the Primary for being on time. I swear that I was being scrutinized the whole time by their fellow ward members. Maybe, I should say that my brother and his wife were being scrutinized. Let me just say that I know that I am not the "typical" babysitter for a weekend. I mean what kind of a freak has a divorced Dad watch their kids for a weekend? I was actually pretty complimented that they would trust me with their five kids, while bringing my two with me. After church, Grandpa and Grandma invited us over for dinner. Grandpa always cooks Sunday dinner, and is quite the amateur chef (among so many other things). Who can resist an offer like that?
Monday, we went swimming at our friend's pool. We got Little Caesar's Pizza and some soft drinks and had quite the time. We stayed there for a couple of hours and really enjoyed it.McQueen and one of his cousins hanging out in the pool.
Tinkerbell is getting some help from this really good looking girl, who let us come swim at her pool with her. She also hung out with us here and there throughout the weekend. :)
My nephew flying through the air, to what I can only imagine would be a belly-flop.
This is my cute 1 1/2 year old niece. She is so sweet and funny. She is so good and cute, but doesn't let anyone push her around. If she wants something, she is not afraid to push anyone out of her way. After a little while of swimming, she decided she wanted a drink. We gave her a Capri-Sun, and she sat there happy as a clam for quite a while.
After the pool, we got cleaned up and then took McQueen and Tinkerbell back to their Mom's house. My five nieces and nephews seemed to be okay with the two and a half hour drive down to her house and back.
When the weekend started, I was worried how things would go with me and seven kids. I certainly was tired at the end of the night, but it truly was a great time. I think it was great for all the cousins to play together, and we did a lot of fun stuff. All of the kids were really great and it was a lot of fun. The very next time my sister-in-law turns 40, and my brother wants to take his wife to San Francisco for the weekend, I would be not even think twice about watching as many kids as I possibly can. :)


