the first FIVE years

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Abscession

My body has had a recent abscession. No, I did not spell obsession incorrectly, I know what I write.......most of the time. Anyway, it seems that I developed an abscess. I was not super thrilled with it, as it has been the most immense pain I have ever felt in my life. Way worse then my recent surgery to get the tonsils and adenoids yanked. Worse then the broken collar bone, and even worse then the discs I have crushed in my back. Yes, this is what real pain feels like. The doctor told me that there was a woman who had given birth without any medicine and she thought this pain was worse. The pain just started on Saturday afternoon and got worse from there. I could barely walk, and sitting and laying has not been that much more comfortable. I had to stay home from church on Sunday because I knew I wouldn't be able to hack it. I went to my doctor (they thankfully have half day urgent care on Sundays) and he gave me some medicine and referred me to a specialist. They got me in on Monday and immediately sent me to the hospital for surgery. Here I make it 30 years without ever even needing more then local anesthesia. I hit thirty and wham, two surgeries in one year. So, by 9PM, I left the hospital and I was already feeling a million times better. The last couple of days have been down right wonderful compared with the two prior. Apparently these abscesses are usually caused by staff infection and develop over months before presenting themselves. I wondered why I needed so much more sleep lately and why I have just been dragging for a couple of months. Now, I think I know why. They gave me two amazingly strong anti-biotics to kill it off while all of it continues to drain out. I am feeling great and I will head back to work tomorrow. The last couple of days at home has at least given me a chance to catch up on my blogging. I totally gave up on NaBloPoMo, but I just couldn't do it this year without a decent computer and and no extra time to speak of. But hey, there is always next year.......as long as some weird abscess doesn't set up permanent residence in my body!!!

Who is Visiting?