the first FIVE years

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our Latest Adventures

This weekend has been a lot of fun. My brother's family has been visiting from Nebraska for a little while. They have split their time by staying with us for some of the time and other relatives the rest of the time. It was especially fun to go out to dinner with them on Friday night.
Saturday marked the last of the swimming lessons for the kids until Summer is over. We usually have too much going on to continue the lessons on Saturday mornings during the summer months. We hope to practice their new skills at the lake, where we hope to spend some good quality time with the very lonely boat in the driveway.
After swimming we spent the whole day weeding and planting flowers in the yard. The kids really seem to love yard work. I also love to just have fun digging in the dirt with my kids sometimes.
In the night, we got together with a great group of friends from high school. We had a big picnic, played water balloon/regular volleyball and even sang karaoke (I didn't sing too much because I value their friendship too much). It was a ton of fun, and I am sure it was a TON of work for those who planned it. I feel very blessed to have always had friends of a much higher caliber than myself. I am truly grateful for these friends, for their constant acceptance/forgiveness of my faults. I cannot imagine how differently I would have turned out, had I not been surrounded by such amazing friends at such a critical time in my life. I am even more grateful that our friendship has extended far beyond high school. I am continually blessed to be surrounded by an ever increasing number of great people in my life.

Here are the kids looking over the pool just one final time......okay, not REALLY. They are just waiting for instructions from their swimming teachers.
Here are the kids having a big water balloon fight. McQueen was in heaven.
Tinkerbell thought the water balloon fight was great as well. She just wasn't sure she wanted to actually throw one at another person at first. However, once the first one was launched, it was no longer a problem.

Who is Visiting?