the first FIVE years

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day always causes me to reflect and be thankful. I am thankful to my own Mother. I am also thankful for Tinkerbell and McQueen's Mom for bringing the kids to this world. I also am thankful for the dream of a sweet, wonderful, woman who I can hope to one day be married to and have more children with.

I would be very ungrateful if I didin't express my thankfulness for my great Mother. My Mother is an amazing woman who I am so very grateful for. She has always had a quiet, charitable nature to her. She has never worried about winning any popularity contests, and has in fact steered about as far from the lime-light as possible. Despite all of this, she serves, cares, and is there for each of us. She will quietly do anything anyone asks, yet she flies under the radar all the while. Hers is a life of quiet, kind, service. Even after giving so much from her heart, she never values any possession of hers too much to share. She has never been one to choose the popularity of the world, or even the popularity of her children, in pursuit of what she believes is right. Because of this, she has definitely won the popularity of her children and grandchildren. I am thankful for her love which is everlasting and true. She constantly encourages and uplifts each of us and indeed those all around her. She is the first to say she is sorry or to admit her faults, all the while being the first to overlook mistakes or faults in others. I am so very grateful for this wonderful woman who has given me so much for 29 years.

I truly admire Mothers everywhere. The love, kindness, compassion, and sweetness woman can possess is absolutely amazing. I think that too often women go through life comparing or thinking of their inadequacies. While no one is perfect, I believe that a Mother who really cares and selflessly serves her family is incredible. Still others we could call Mothers, who are only missing children of their own. They serve all the children they come in contact with. Just like any Mother, they serve with kindness, sweetness, and genuine love. I am so very grateful for the examples of amazing women who care so much for their children that they could only be called Mother. Loving Mothers are such amazing, special people. Their capacity for nurturing, caring, and loving for their children is so great. I hope any Mother who reads this can know of their special nature. It does not matter exactly what activities are done with your children, how clean your home, is or anything else. Being a Mother transcends the judgments (or even perceived judgments) of the world. A Mother needs only worry about doing right by her children and her family. All that matters to a real Mother is that they are important to their children. A child can feel the love of their Mother, and know that they have a special place in her heart. I admire and respect the example and strength of any loving Mother I come in contact with. Mothers have to be the most amazing creation of our Heavenly Father.

Who is Visiting?